OUR FUTURE IN FOCUS
SEPTEMBER 2016 - AUGUST 2021
More than 12 months ago, we embarked on a journey to chart a strategic plan for the future of Stratford Hall. While keeping our Guiding Statements top of mind, we developed Three Pillars that we believe represent the foundational elements of a Stratford Hall education.
After researching, reviewing and analyzing how to best to sustain and improve these pillars, we worked with students, teachers, parents and the community to develop a comprehensive plan. As of today, the plan is being used to guide Stratford Hall towards an even brighter future by setting clear priorities that allow us to focus our energy and resources on what matters most: our students.
PILLAR 1: PROGRESSIVE AND OUTSTANDING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND CHARACTER FOR ALL
- Provide outstanding IB Programmes that are rooted in a principled mission, aspirational vision and high quality standards that challenge and support every student in preparation for success in all aspects of their development.
- Facilitate international mindedness, high character and an orientation towards action in an urban context so that our community has an appreciation of, and takes responsibility for, our various roles in the wider community.
- Further develop opportunities for personal expression, creativity and innovation by strengthening creativity in all of its forms for students Kindergarten to Grade 12.
- Recruit, train and retain highly-qualified teaching faculty and staff who are supported and challenged in their professional growth so they can inspire and support students.
- Strengthen co-curricular, club, athletic and arts-based opportunities for participation and competition to provide as many students as possible with an opportunity to explore, compete in and pursue their passions
PILLAR TWO: A UNITED AND ENGAGED COMMUNITY
PILLAR 3: STRONG, SUSTAINABLE FACILITIES AND FOUNDATIONS
- Ensure that facilities and infrastructure support student learning, health and safety through continuous improvement.
- Ensure financial stability that supports our mission, vision and strategic priorities to deliver a continuously developing, outstanding program that sustainably operates within our means, establishing an alumni office to stay connected to our graduate.