In order to bring our Mission and Vision to life, Stratford Hall is committed to recruiting, hiring and retaining the best teaching faculty and staff possible. We aim to not only find people that are a great fit for our school, but also those for whom the school is a great fit. Our Senior Leadership Team spends considerable effort interviewing and selecting candidates who are committed to students, the International Baccalaureate (IB) philosophy and their own professional growth. Stratford Hall is a positive and energetic place to work, and benefits and salaries are competitive.
To be considered for an opening, please submit the documents listed below as one complete file. If an application is submitted electronically, please include the position you are applying for in the subject line and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may submit a completed application package in person or by mail to our main reception at 3000 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC, V5N 4E2. All applications will be kept on file for the academic year in which they are submitted, however due to the number of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In order to be employed by Stratford Hall:
- Teaching faculty are required to be certified with a current British Columbia Ministry of Education Teaching Certificate, a process which includes a Police Information Check for working in a Vulnerable Sector (PIC-VS)
- All non-teaching positions are also required to obtain a PIC-VS prior to employment.
- Candidates must have Canadian citizenship or Landed Immigrant status.
In addition, it is expected that successful candidates for any position will possess:
- Fluent communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
- Strong organizational, communication, administrative and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
Complete applications must include the following:
- Current CV/resumé outlining continuous work experience, previous training and educational background.
- For positions that work with children directly, preference is given to those with IB training and/or experience.
- A reference list is preferred as part of the CV/resumé, however references will not be contacted without prior consent.
- Letters of recommendation including one from the most recent supervisor.
- Teaching applicants should have a minimum of three letters of recommendation.
- All other positions should have a minimum of two letters of recommendation.
*Updated* Junior School classroom teacher (maternity leaves)
Two maternity leave teaching positions within the Junior School (K-7) classroom. Please see the attached job description for further details.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance; however, we will only contact those selected for an interview. Starting date: April 2017.
* Updated* Spanish teacher (maternity leave, part-time)
A part-time maternity leave teaching position at the intermediate grades; we are looking for high-level instructional Spanish teaching. Please see the attached job description further details.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance, however we will only contact those selected for an interview.
Resource Teachers must be newly qualified, recent graduates of teacher education programs and hold valid BC teaching certification. Typically, they have not had previous classroom experience beyond the practicum or limited on-call work. We are looking for RTs in the following broad areas:
- General (in the Junior School); athletics, Spanish, French or early literacy an asset, but not required
Please see the attached job description for further details.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance, however we will only contact those selected for an interview. Starting date: We will begin accepting applications for the 2017-2018 school year in February 2017.
Teachers on Call (TOCs) (Junior and/or Senior School)
- Please state your particular areas of interest or strength, as well as general availability with the application.
Anti-Discrimination and Respectful Workplace Statement
Stratford Hall guarantees that all employment candidates will have their application considered in a manner that is respectful of individual values and beliefs, free from discrimination based on race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, familial status and/or disability as we hire on the merits of skill, qualifications, experience and fit for the program. We are committed to a safe, healthy and rewarding work environment and will not tolerate discriminatory harassment or personal harassment in any interactions connected to work with Stratford Hall School.