The health and safety of our students, faculty and staff is our highest priority. We want the community to be absolutely confident that Stratford Hall practices the high standards of hygiene and cleanliness procedures for protection.
Health & Safety at School
We want our students, faculty and staff to feel safe, comfortable and confident while at School. The measures we have enacted to ensure their safety include:
- Increased frequency of cleaning, including classrooms and high touch areas.
- A staggered drop-off and pick-up times and modified lunch and recess hours.
- A “bring your own lunch and snacks” and a “No Sharing” requirement for students. Lunches and snacks are to be packed in reusable containers that your child(ren) can open independently. Students are not permitted to use the microwaves. Students will eat lunch at their desks or on the rooftop.
- No sharing of personal items. All personal items to be labelled.
- Increased spacing between students in classrooms and smaller group activities.
- More time outside but no physical contact sports.
- Limitations on assemblies and other large gatherings.
- Wearing non-medical masks will be a personal choice.
- Signs, one-way flow directional arrows and reminders will be posted around the School.
- Parents are not allowed inside the School.
- Hand sanitizers available throughout the School.
- Elimination of non-essential touch points.
To ensure the safety of all our students, faculty and staff, we have enhanced our cleaning and sanitation protocols throughout the School. These measures include:
- Increased sanitization, disinfection and scheduled cleanings throughout the School.
- Common use items sanitized after each use.
- Use of Health Canada recommended products effective against the virus that causes COVID-19
Faculty & Staff Health & Safety
We are committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our faculty and staff. The measures we have enacted to ensure a safe workplace and that everyone will go home healthy at the end of every day include:
- Work safe procedures for COVID-19 training for all faculty and staff.
- Personal protective equipment available for all faculty and staff to use at their own discretion.
- Updated operational protocols to allow for physical distancing.
- Reduced capacity and physical distancing protocols
To keep everyone healthy and safe, please abide with the following guidelines:
- Parents and guardians are asked to monitor their children daily for symptoms and not to send them to School if they are sick. People who are sick will not be allowed in school.
- Parents may need to remind children to minimize physical contact with their friends.
- Students will be asked to wash their hands frequently, including before coming to School. They will have access to hand sanitizer throughout the School when hand washing is not available.
- Students will not be permitted to come back to School after dismissal. They are not to leave anything at School.