Frequently Asked Questions
How many students per class?
We have two classes per grade with the following number of students in each class:
- Kindergarten: 16 students per class
- Grades 1 - 5: 20 students per class
- Grades 6 - 12: 22 students per class
What are your intake years?
Our main intake years are Kindergarten, Grade 1 and Grade 6. At times, we may have places that become available in other grades.
Do you admit students throughout the year?
Dependent on space, we will admit a student. We encourage you to contact the admissions office to find out if there is availability.
Do you admit international students?
Yes, we do admit international students; however, proven proficiency in the English language is required as we do not offer ESL support. As Stratford Hall is a day school, students must live with their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) in the Lower Mainland. A fee of $7,500 will be charged to international students to cover the cost of education not funded by the Province of BC.
Do you recommend families work with an agent or education consultant?
The Stratford Hall admission assessments are designed by our teachers and change every year. We strongly advise families not to use educational consultants and/or agents to assist with the admissions process. We are increasingly seeing families who are being misled and misinformed about admissions expectations, requirements, and processes.
What is the admission timeline?
- August 15: Applications open for the following school year.
- September to December: We encourage you to attend a student-led tour.
- September to December: Parent interviews are conducted as applications are completed and submitted.
- October: Please attend an Open House session to learn about the Stratford Hall experience from students, parents and faculty members.
- November 15: Applications due for Kindergarten.
- December 1: Applications due for Grades 1 -11.
- Mid-January: Assessments for Grades K - 11.
- February: Admissions decisions will be communicated for Kindergarten, Grade 1 and Grade 6.
- Mid-February: Admission decisions for Grades 2 - 5 and 7 - 11 will be communicated.
Do you have financial assistance?
Limited financial assistance is available for families with students entering Grade 8 and above. Please contact the finance office for more details.
Do you have before or after school care programs?
We offer after school care for students in Kindergarten to Grade 7 at an additional cost. This program runs Monday to Friday from 3:30 - 5:30PM.
Do you have a bus service?
We offer a bus service for select routes. Click here to see our current bus route.
Do you have a lunch service?
Yes, we offer a lunch service.
For further information on an IB Continuum School, please visit the IB Website.