Our Application and Enrollment Process
At Stratford Hall, your child will be given the opportunity to learn and to thrive; to discover their unique strengths, and to explore the diverse opportunities our rapidly changing world offers. Under the care and guidance of Stratford Hall staff, your child will grow and mature and become equipped with intellectual tools, a strength of character, and a global perspective.
1. How to apply
- Fill out an application form
- Submit a recent report card (preschool/daycare/school)
- Submit required reference documents as indicated below
- Attend a parent interview (prospective students only)
- Attend a student interview (only for students from Grade 2 - 12)
2. Application Requirements
- $250 one-time, non refundable application fee (paid online with a credit card)
- Confidential Reference Form
- Copy of child's birth certificate
- Most recent report card (if applicable)
- Individual Education Plan (IEP). (if applicable)
- A photograph of your child
3. Required Forms for Application
During your visit to Stratford Hall, you will learn that we are looking for active learners who can engage in the IB curriculum and civic responsibilities, develop relationships, and become global citizens. As such, we do not use standardized testing for admission. Rather, we use our own assessments designed by our qualified teacher professionals to assess students on their academic abilities as well as their social skills. Stratford Hall teachers observe each candidate’s ability to work in groups, how they interact socially, as well evaluate the student's individual written and oral activities.
Kindergarten and Grade 1
Stratford Hall teachers observe the children interacting in small groups, while participating in typical grade-appropriate activities. We look to build a class with a range of personalities and skill levels.
Grade 2 - 11
These assessments involve tasks that are similar to the tasks our current students are working on, and are related to our present curriculum. Part of the application process involves one-on-one conversations between a teacher and the applicant.
Accepted students will receive a letter of acceptance and a registration package. Registration fees must be paid at the time of enrollment to retain a place in the accepted grade. Registration must be completed by the last Friday in March of the year of entry or as otherwise requested by the School.